Last Wednesday I was wondering what I would call my Wednesday blogs and finally decided to keep it simple, Wednesday. Hopefully I’ll actually have something to blog about on Wednesdays.
Anyhoo.. this Wednesday’s blog is another Facebook memory. This one is from a year ago, April 14, 2020. Last year around this time, I was contemplating resigning but was too afraid. Well, here I am a year later living unafraid. God is good.
Last year I posted a list of most common regrets. Not sure who wrote them, but they really resonated with me. Here’s the list:
- Too much time spent stressing and worrying.
- Caring too much about others opinions.
- Not taking risks that might result in a grand reward.
- Too little time with loved ones.
- Too much living life to please others.
- Not enough living in the present moment.
- Not letting go of past anger and resentment.
- Not enough play, laughter, joy, or happiness.
- Too little time expressing genuine emotions.
- “Not saying how I really feel.”
- “Not following my heart.”
Here’s the caption I wrote:
“My goal is to live life without regrets. At least not focus on missed opportunities, or as I always say, what should’ve or could’ve happened. The quickest way to become down and depressed is to constantly think about how things could’ve been if only you had made other decisions. Starting today, let’s begin again – living without regrets.”
Today, I can happily say I’m living without regrets. Again, God is so good. Y’all already know I’m tearing up. Honestly, I never imagined I could feel like this. Last year on my birthday, my wish was to always feel like I felt that day– loved and carefree. Y’all, I’m living it! I’m blessed.
I pray that you have a wonderful Wednesday. See you on Sunday!