Maybe your current situation doesn’t reflect what you envisioned so you feel a need to give up. Please don’t. Work through the uncomfortable moments. God would not have given you the dream if it couldn’t be achieved. You are already equipped to make it happen.♥️ ~ Shaun
Keep showing up. No matter how uncomfortable or out of place you may feel, continue to show up. You may not quite understand where God’s leading you, but trust Him, He has a plan. All you have to do is show up.♥️ ~ Shaun
Perceptions can be very deceptive and lead to unwarranted mistrust. We must be mindful not to confuse what we perceive to be true with the actual truth. ~ Shaun
Seems as if the atmosphere is shifting and it’s shifting at an extremely fast pace. Maybe it’s only in my world. I do have a lot going on. Well, what seems like a lot at the moment. Most of it is related to transition. I’m transitioning from a full-time caregiver/parent to as needed. At the moment, I’m not really sure how to cope with this awkwardness. Of course I have plenty of things to work on and keep me busy, but socially there’s a void. There’s a void that I’m not exactly sure how to fill. It doesn’t make it any better that I no longer have coworkers or work in a public space. I’m a very social person but even being on social media is different. The connections don’t provide the same feelings as in person connections. They don’t fill the void.
Y’all, I’m just thinking as I write. I know in an hour or two I’ll feel differently. However, at this very moment, I feel alone. Crazy part is, I don’t want to text, call or video chat, I need physical, human interaction. I need to feel their energy (positive only). I’m tired of going to the store just to see and interact with people. Yes, I strike up conversations with random people. I know that I can always volunteer, but I want to be around people who don’t need me. I want to be around people who want to socialize. Even if we’re only watching a movie or in the same space. Guess I need to be more careful about what I put out into the universe because the last place I want to end up in is jail. Lol. I kinda scared myself with that last statement– watching movies or just in the same space with people. Whew! You never know how the universe will answer. Gotta be more careful. Anyhoo.. I really have to figure this one out.
Well, that’s as much as I feel like writing. Thank you so much for reading. Enjoy your day!
There is a season, time and place for everything. Our hearts beat with rhythm. Life is a rhythm. A rhythm that eventually has to come to an end.
R.I.P. Larry Burns. I pray that your rhythm ended on a high note.
Three years ago I took a picture of a water bottle my son had picked out for me that said, “Dream it. Do it.” He– at 15 years old– reminded me of what I had been telling him and his sister for years, “If you dream it, you can do it.” I bought the bottle. Took it to work with me every day. Then, eventually decided that seeing it on my desk wasn’t enough. I needed to see it all the time. So, I took a picture of it and created a screensaver for my phone. That was my screensaver for two whole years.
I wish I could say that every time I picked up my phone I was motivated to really go after my dreams. Ha! That would make a great story. However, what happened was, after a while, I forgot it was even there. I saw it but didn’t see it. It wasn’t until last year, three months after I resigned from my job, that I realized it was there. Here’s what I shared on July 2, 2021 (yep.. a Facebook memory):
This has been my screensaver for about two years. I scroll pass it everyday but never really notice it. You know, it’s just there. Well, this morning the words caught my eye- “Dream it. Do it.” Can’t help but smile. I’m finally doing it.☺️ God is so good. Humbled. Grateful. Blessed.Shaun’s Facebook Memory. July 2, 2021
Yesterday when I came across the memory, I smiled again. This time with tears in my eyes. Never did I imagine my dreams would take me this far. And I know it’s no where near where I am destined to go. There’s so much more to come. I feel it!
Last year, I was happy that I had finally taken the leap to venture out on my own. This year I’m proud of myself for everything I have accomplished since:
- Re-established my business and brand. Now LaShaundreaB, LLC.
- Began blogging daily (today makes 414 days of continuous blogging.. Woohoo).
- Created RDN Saturdays to spotlight Mississippi Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (relaunching it this fall).
- Created Shaun’s Daily Inspiration for my inspirational quotes.
- Began drawing and created my art collection Shaun’s Smile, which serves as a backdrop for Shaun’s Daily Inspiration.
- Won Mississippi Public Health Association’s Vonda A. Webb Nutritionist of the Year award for 2022.
- Created a few videos on TikTok and Instagram.
- Finished my first real contract job doing trainings via Zoom. Before, the contracts were only side jobs.
- Currently preparing to launch my newest venture/adventure, Nutrition with LaShaundreaB, this fall. It’s a Culinary~Nutrition experience!
Now those were a few of my professional achievements. Here’s what I have accomplished personally and spiritually:
- Established a better, stronger and more stable relationship with God.
- Began trusting God to lead.
- Learned how to relax and enjoy life by being present.
- Found self love. Yes, I’ve learned to accept and love myself just as I am.
- Became comfortable with being my authentic self.
- Discovered that some relationships are not meant to be lifelong. Temporary relationships are just as impactful and meaningful as long term relationships.
- Learned to let go of things that no longer served me, which opened spaces for new ideas and opportunities.
- Most importantly, I got to spend more quality time with my children. The best gift ever!
Of course there’s so much more that has taken place over the last year. So many things I attempted that where not the right fit for me. Good thing is, they were not a waste of time but learning experiences that I have been able to glean from. So they served, and continue to serve, their purpose.
To circle back to the quote on the water bottle– “Dream it. Do it.” Honestly, the life that I’m living now has far exceeded anything I have ever dreamed. I’m not sure what’s next, but I’m not going to waste time trying to figure it out. I’m just going to sit back and trust God to continue to lead. I’m blessed.
Well, that’s all I have for you this Sunday. Thank you for reading and please enjoy your week!